Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs Database

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 589661

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

I attempted to create a Ketarin database of all the programs under the download section so i could have them on a USB ready to update and go when o get a call to help out a friend or the occasional customer. I went through and manual copied all 73 program URL's (the ones after you click download and the box pops up and it says if your download didn't begin click here.) It was only after i did all of that work and got all the url's into Ketarin that i hit update all and it failed to download most of them. I went back one by one to examine the problem and realized that every one that was hosted on the Bleepingcomputers server changed after a certain amount of time. Needless to say i was angry i had wasted all that time and scattered to look for a solution. I failed to find a solution to the problem and just deleted the database i spent so much time putting together.

SO i was wondering if there was anyway to re establish my idea and put everything into a database that can be updated in the morning this way when i get to a computer that has no network access i already have an up to date copy of all the tools.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 589661

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I figured out how to get everything working in ketarin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users