First I'd like to thank you for your assistance, because I was nearly going to rip all my hair out cause I got my 1 week old laptop infected already. However I have a few questions:
1. Should I keep the programs you asked me to download? (Will they affect the function of my original anti virus; BitDefender)
2. Conversely, is BitDefender strong enough to run alone? (If so, why was that virus still able to enter my system?)
3. Is there any thing I should watch out for to avoid being virused again? Here is the logs for RKill:
Rkill 2.3.3 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2012 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html
Program started at: 08/30/2012 08:53:33 AM in x64 mode.
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
Checking for Windows services to stop.
* No malware services found to stop.
Checking for processes to terminate.
* No malware processes found to kill.
Possibly Patched Files.
Checking Registry for malware related settings.
* Explorer Policy Removed: NoActiveDesktopChanges [HKLM]
Backup Registry file created at:
Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.
Performing miscellaneous checks.
* No issues found.
Checking Windows Service Integrity:
* AppMgmt [Missing Service]
* CscService [Missing Service]
* PeerDistSvc [Missing Service]
* UmRdpService [Missing Service]
Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:
* C:\Windows\System32\services.exe [NoSig]
+-> C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..s-servicecontroller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_2b54b20ee6fa07b1\services.exe : 328,704 : 07/13/2009 09:39 PM : 24acb7e5be595468e3b9aa488b9b4fcb [Pos Repl]
Program finished at: 08/30/2012 08:54:00 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 0 minute(s), and 26 seconds(s)