Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hula Desktop

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I have a Hula plugin installed in my Firefox,,,now 15.0 browser. I have Hula installed would like to know if I need either and what Hula really is Please. Am not understanding all Google has to offer...Thanks...James...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hula or Hulu? Hula is that dance they do in Hawaii.

Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free | Hulu

Watch TV shows and movies free online. Stream episodes of The Office, Glee, Family Guy, SNL and many more hit shows.

Does that help any.

In short it is one of the legit ways to watch some shows on line.
About Hulu

Overview

Hulu is an online video service that offers a selection of hit shows, clips, movies and more at Hulu.com, numerous destination sites online, and through our ad-supported subscription service, Hulu Plus. Hulu's selection of premium programming is provided by more than 350 content companies. For more details on Hulu's service, check out the Hulu product tour and the Hulu Plus Guided Tour.

Hulu brings together a large selection of videos from over 350 content companies, including FOX, NBCUniversal, ABC, The CW, Univision, Criterion, A&E Networks, Lionsgate, Endemol, MGM, MTV Networks, Comedy Central, National Geographic, Digital Rights Group, Paramount, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., TED and more. Users can choose from current primetime TV hits such as The Simpsons, Modern Family, Glee, The Office, Jersey Shore, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report; classics like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The A-Team and Alfred Hitchcock Presents; full episodes and clips from Saturday Night Live; and Hulu original video productions like A Day in the Life and The Morning After. Hulu also offers a wide array of acclaimed movies and documentaries, including hundreds of titles from Miramax and the renowned Criterion Collection.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 29 August 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Oh... Ok, I sorta understand now. I probably don`t need it, but will leave it alone for now. Really not much on movies or such....Thanks very much.....James

#4 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Thanks to all,,,Much appreciated...james

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

To learn how to use Hulu L@@K

Should you want to remove the addon /plugin some day.
In FireFox

How to disable extensions and plugins

Keeping your third-party plugins up to date
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

Info really appreciated,,,Hula is beginning to look favorable to me.......Also the plugin removal info, as I have been trying to figure out how to remove java toolkit,,,Thanks again....james

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

I suspect you have a Hulu Button addon. It is not compatible with
Firefox 15.

I have used Hulu as late as yesterday to view a movie and do not have any Hulu Firefox addon.

Sounds like one of those ad/ tracking addons. If you didn't intentionally install it, suggest disabling
and/ or uninstall. Uninstall if possible.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I did uninstall the Hula plugin without any problems. I have not tried Hula, ever, but might later on. I still am trying to rid myself of the java toolkit entry in plugins tho. It is all that is left of java at this point. Probably not a big deal, but I like tidy :)...Not meaning to go on, but could not miss the chance for advice.....Thanks very much for all the help and advice....James...

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

It's Hulu....two "U"s....not the grass skirt hula...:).....Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free.
The Hulu Button I was referring to is a Firefox extension and not a plugin.

See info in link below:
How To Remove The Java Deployment Toolkit From Firefox
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#10 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Oh My..! What was I thinking....? Thanks...I am going to go look this Hulu over some more....James

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

This could of been what you had. It is a plugin called Hula.
JSPWiki: Hula

Hula is a Java client API to the WikiRPCInterface. This allows one to programmatically manipulate the content of a Wiki that implements this interface. Hula is distributed under the GNU General Public LicensePosted Image

Applications The latest version of Hula is attached. The full version supplies all the outside libraries used, nolibs doesn't. Source, classes, and javadocs are included in both.

There is a Hulu desktop, too. The only advantage I see for using it is it allows remote control on TV or monitor.
Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop

#12 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yes, I believe this is exactly what I had....Thanks for the explanation link. I followed up on the Hulu experiment and learned that ads (aka commercials) must be viewed before movies can be viewed. I also learned that my Adblock Plus does not play nicely with Hulu unless I add a filter to allow it.. Not sure whether to do this yet. So, at this point,,,no harm,,,no foul....Thanks to all.....james

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

I disable Adblock Plus on Hulu.
An example: Viewing Jon Stewarts thirty minute show on TV includes 10+ minutes of commercials.
Viewing the same show on Hulu includes 3 minutes or so of commercials. You can view the entire
thirty minute show in 20 minutes.

#14 Jim-Ed

Jim-Ed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

interesting,,,I will check further into this and AB settings....thanks...James....

#15 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

If you want to disable Adblock Plus on Hulu, go to Hulu website and click on the Adblock Plus icon.
Click on Disable on hulu.com.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users