Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010- Reminders Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oowatie

oowatie

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hi everyone:

I've run into a strange pattern of behavior on Outlook 2010, and being that my machine is a testbed for future workstations at my company, I need to figure this out before I replace anyone else's workstation. And believe me, those workstations need replacing.

Anyway, after creating a recurring calendar item, Outlook begins throwing up reminders for the event a few days in advance of the event. However, the reminders state that the event is due now, and the date listed for the event is wrong. When I look at the calendar, there is no event for the date that is given by the reminder. If I check the event that I created, there is no reminder scheduled until the day of the event, if at all. If I dismiss the event, another reminder pops up the following day for THAT day, with the same criteria. I've tried starting Outlook with all of the applicable command line options, with no change to this behavior.

The system is Windows 7 SP1, and is running Avast anti-virus. Also, our company phones are iPhones, and are synced between iCloud and Outlook using an Outlook add-in called CodeTwo Sync for iCloud. Thanks for your responses in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 th3p00r

th3p00r

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

Can you specify exactly how you create your test recurence event?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users