Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet will only work when Wireless list is selected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 teaspoon

teaspoon

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

Hi, my partner recently was given a new laptop for work purposes, it's a Samsung RV520 with Windows 7 installed. It has been connected wirelessly to our home Internet but for some reason will only load pages if we open the Wireless Network Connection tab, (the one that says what router we're currently connected to along with signal strength.) and leave it open while the page loads. When trying to browse the internet without this tab open, all pages hang until the tab is opened, then any pages still waiting to load load instantly.
This is the same with downloads, anything downloaded will not continue unless the Wireless Network Connection tab is open, then it downloads as normal.

This wouldn't be so bad if the tab in question didn't disappear every time we clicked on something else, so at the moment we have to click on something, open the tab, then when clicking to see something else, open the tab, over and over again.

We are using Google Chrome (although problem persists in Internet Explorer too) and internet works fine when connected via Ethernet cable. Also, there is another laptop, (our old one) that works fine wirelessly, and we have a Playstation 3 and a Wii that access the internet wirelessly without any problems.

Hope someone can help as it's a very annoying issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

wow weird issue for sure ,try if not already set to auto, pick wifi to connect too and set it to automatic ,see if any difference

see post #2 for a hot to make sure its set to automatic

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83693-how-enable-wifi-automatically-startup.html

Edited by caperjac, 29 August 2012 - 11:47 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 teaspoon

teaspoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Yes, that's done, I've tried setting up a static ip address, but it was still the same, what's strange is, the company bought 4 laptops, all of the same make and model, and the other 3 work fine when connected to the home wireless, its just this one that has the trouble, its a really odd issue, any other tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your reply..

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Have you tried reinstalling your network adapter wireless driver? Is it only connecting to your home network and no other open wifi connection? This is the only time I have seen wireless network dropping due to 2 connections being use by the computer. Removing the other has stabilize the connection.

Tekken

#5 teaspoon

teaspoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

Thanks jhayz, have done this but still have the problem, all 4 laptops currently have only connected to the home wireless as far as I know, (my partners laptop has definitely only connected to our home network) have been tinkering with the laptop and have found out some interesting things...

As well as the above issue, I have also found out that wireless internet works fine when running from mains power ( the adapter), but when unplugged, it reverts to hanging, and after having a look at the other laptops mentioned above, they all have the same problem ( Until now they were all plugged in when checked, so I assumed they were fine)

Again, have no problems when internet is wired, or when plugged in via adapter, or when wireless list is open, all other times it hangs and more than likely will not load any pages.

This is one of the weirdest things I've ever encountered, if anybody has any other ideas I'm all ears...

Edited by teaspoon, 27 September 2012 - 06:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users