Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuttering Video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Feerse

Feerse

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hi, first post on these forums and really looking for some help here.

Basically my problem is that after a certain amount of time (1-2 hours maybe), my computer's video starts to stutter. I'll be watching a video and every half second to second the video will pause for a split second and then resume. From what I can see, audio is complete unaffected. The youtube audio works just fine even while the video stutters and playing music files is also fine. Additionally, even as I'm typing this post out, I can tell that the letters I am typing will pause as I'm typing them then appear, same with backspacing.

Here are some computer specs if they are necessary:
-Windows 7
-Toshiba Qosmio x505
-Intel i7 Q740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs)
-Memory 6144MB RAM
-Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M approx total memory: 4048MB

Not sure what else would be necessary, but ask for anything and hopefully I can provide it. Also I'm not that great with computers, so if you need anything else please tell me how I would be able to access that for you as well.

Thanks! Hope you guys can help me out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Feerse

Feerse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

One day bump, hope this is okay :S

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

Please...do not bump/double-post. If someone has something to say or contribute....your actions will have no effect on expediting or soliciting such comments. If no one has a clue...your actions won't function as a bolt out of the blue :). Thanks.

Louis

#4 garcarstive

garcarstive

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Video of the best way to present your self and you have to try to manage your best video for your music. You have to also use some best video for affected to the music and try to download some best video for related to the best music.

#5 Feerse

Feerse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

Okay, thanks for the tip about bumping. I'm not sure if I understand your comment garcarstive, could you clarify?

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

The one thing I can think of is to check to sure neither the CPU or the Video Card is overheating. That would be because the CPU will slow down as it starts running hot to prevent disastrous overheating. If it gets really hot the computer will just shut off to prevent damage.

I have seen a CPU that had a blocked by dust heatsink cause video playback stuttering. As soon as I pulled the side off of the computer and couldn't even see the heatsink fins I knew the solution.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 04 September 2012 - 10:33 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users