Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bizarre Occurence

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 snipersgethead

snipersgethead

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hello everyone, so I've had a new laptop (dv6tqe-7000) for a few weeks. Just about half an hour ago, I ran into a problem that really freaked me out and still worries me.

All of a sudden out of nowhere, my touchpad buttons and alphabetic keys stop responding; I could still alt-tab between programs and go into task manager but the only way to exit the latter was with the ESC button. Shortly followed by that, my Windows 7 scheme changed to basic.

After 2 minutes, my alphabetic keys and right mouse button started responding again. My left mouse button still wasn't responding, even the tap to click function which I know I enabled, wasn't working. I didn't know if it was a virus but immediately disabled my WiFi just in case.

I restarted my laptop, and thank goodness everything was working again. I can't remember if the Windows 7 scheme changed back before I restarted or not but it is no longer basic.

So I'm not really sure what to think or make of all this; not sure if it was a virus, a program I was using, or something I accidentally enabled. Anyone know what this whole fiasco was all about? I'm really worried about it; not sure if I'd rather have it be a hardware or software problem if it was anything.

The specifics I can recall was that I was playing on an emulator (zsnes) and switched to Firefox to go to GameFAQs to look something up; can't remember if it started happening once I was on the site or if I switched back to the emulator.

Edited by snipersgethead, 28 August 2012 - 09:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users