Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell inspiron M5030 screen problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rugby Fan

Rugby Fan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron M5030 where the screen was initally going black but after running some disc checks the desktop now has red streaks across it and when I open any application the screen is blue and 'fuzzy'. Sorry but that's about as technical as I get but any help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

What does the screen look like when you turn on the computer. Is the screen with the Dell Logo clear and normal looking?

If the screen looks OK until windows starts to load try hitting F8 when the Dell logo appears and choose safe mode. How does it look then?

Have you tried a external Monitor? If so how does it look?

What Version of Windows?

Can You see to run Speccy? If So follow this guide and post the link.

• [
  • Go to Piriform's website, and click the big Posted Image button.

Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    Posted Image

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot

You will see the following prompt:
    Posted Image

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Posted Image

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Posted Image button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

Thanks
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users