Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Svchost High Memory Use

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 out2late

out2late

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello,

Ive notice for a while now that I have a svchost.exe using a lot of memory (see attached).
Is this normal?
If not, how to fix it?

Appreciate your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Take a look here to get started identifying that particular service causing your issue: How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 out2late

out2late
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

for some reason, i cant upload any attachments??

The item is AudioEndpointBuilder 372 Windoes Audio Endpoint Builder Running LocalSystemNetworkRestricted

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

What sort of files are you trying to attach?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 out2late

out2late
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

my screenshots... which i didn't have any issues when i posted my last topic

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

What file extension are they?

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 out2late

out2late
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

png which ive had no previous issues doing?? Perhaps i have other hidden issues. Can i supply any log file for you?

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

I just did a quick check, and everything appears to be fine with the forum with regards to attachments. Do you have any previous attachments elsewhere within Bleeping Computer that may have filled your allowable 512K limit for attachments?

The directions for how to manage that quota if you're unfamiliar are here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic409729.html

I'll inquire with the staff if there is someone else that can use other types of logs to assist you. Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: You're sure you're not like me and forgetting to click the attach button, after you have browsed to the file location of the one you want to attach? Are you getting any error message when attempting to attach?

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#9 out2late

out2late
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

All i have is a browse button, the attach button has disappeared??

Used 0bytes of your 512K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 512K)

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

So you're missing the dark blue Attach This File button? As shown in the example below.

Posted Image

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#11 out2late

out2late
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

correct

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,329 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

:blink: doesn't make sense. Still investigating now that you've confirmed. Having a second set of eyes take a look to make sure I'm not missing the obvious before we start checking for malware that may not exist.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#13 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hello.

Additionally, please try clearing your browser cache.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#14 out2late

out2late
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Everything is OK now. Firefox had 400mb of web content so i cleared everything and mod the settings.

soo sorry

#15 out2late

out2late
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Here are my original attachments.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic