Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spnsrvnt.exe Using All My Cpu

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JBYea

JBYea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:09 AM

Hi,
Nice fellow from Tom Coyote has been helping me out and he has concluded that my problem is not malware but maybe something more about what is running on my machine. So he directed me to this website. He says not only is something taking up all the CPU but I have a ton of stuff being loaded that maybe need not be.
So I am here for some help!
My CPU usage is 100% at all times and when I look at task manager, the thing that seems to be using all the CPU is spnsrvnt.exe which is listed at 98 under the CPU column.
This seems to be causing my machine to be in high gear with the fan running all the time.
Be glad to have some help!
I have a few other issues too like the machine hangs up when trying to shut down or hibernate but first things first!
Thanks in advance.
JBYea

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phantazy

phantazy

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:52 AM

You could try this, which explains a diversity of possibilities: http://www.file.net/process/spnsrvnt.exe.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users