Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rmjester

rmjester

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

So even though it has taken me until today to finally register i have been coming to this site for years to read topics to help me solve computer issues. I am now and have been for about 6 months no longer able to see any images on this site they all show as broken images. In addition a number of downloads no longer seem to work even though they show to have been updated very recently. I have tried several browsers and the problem still exists I have also tried my Mac and my PC and still everything but the forums on this site seem to be broken? Am I doing something wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,507 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Welcome to BC.

Please be more specific as to what you are unable to download. A link to the page and specific download
would be preferable.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 rmjester

rmjester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

here is the link i am using to try to download combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

I fully understand that unless I am told to use it by a trained analyst I should not do so and that no one here is liable for damage caused by my misuse, I have also been to the thread several times and in the past have been able to download it from there.

Here is the screenshot of what i see at www.bleepingcomputer.com

Posted Image

I get something very similar when I go to the combofix download page. When i click the broken picture download link for combofix it says the page does not exist. I have been able to download other utilities from the site using the broken picture links so I know its not a problem there and I have tested this in 2 different locations on 4 different computers mac and pc.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,507 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

Very odd. You said "in different locations" which I assume means that you have
used different IPs and or wifi and routers.

Being that this occurs on both Macs and Windows is another mystery.

Being it is occurring on 4 different video cards is another mystery.

What's left that 4 computers have in common? Could be malware but it would have to be
browser specific malware or cross platform malware. Are you having any malware symptoms?

If no one else has an answer as to what is causing this, I suggest you start a new topic in the
malware forum. Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - BleepingComputer.com
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 rmjester

rmjester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Yeah when i say 2 different locations I mean i have tried from work (a university with a pretty heavy duty firewall) on a mac and pc and at home which is just my comcast setup (minimal firewall) and I see it the same way on both my mac and pc at home. I was thinking this wasn't the right place for this but because i don't believe its malware/virus I wasn't sure where to post it.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,507 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

You can post here: Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications - BleepingComputer.com

#7 rmjester

rmjester
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Thanks buddy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users