Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ruiavirn

ruiavirn

• Banned Spammer
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Do the surge of questions asking about video cards, I thought I would put together a couple of links to help forum members.

One of the major hardware review web sites right now is Tom's Hardware Guide www.tomshardware.com. Every month THG release their list of best buys for video cards in different price ranges. This is the first place to look for ideas for upgrading/building.

Septembers list can be found here. This is a very non-biased comparison based on price/performance of many
different video cards. Most of us "hardware guys" here use this as a reference for advice.

A second invaluable link is their quarterly benchmark listing of many different cards running different
games. (This includes Crossfire and SLI setups.) This quarters chart can be found here. If you have a specific game that you want to play, then go here to find out what works best! You can also check the THG

"best buys" on this chart.

I hope that these two links can provide a little clarity into the ever changing world of video cards. I will try to re-post the new link every month for the "best buys" as well as update quarterly the link to the benchmark results.

Customer Disservice: Because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Edited by hamluis, 28 August 2012 - 11:08 AM.
Moved to internal hardware. ~ OB. Changed formatting for readability - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

I always use ,toms hardware reviews for info on video cards .good luck

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/graphics-cards,1.html

Edited by caperjac, 29 August 2012 - 05:16 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users