Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power socket problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 barrythegreek

barrythegreek

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi, a friend of mine has a Acer aspire 5745/5553 series laptop , the problem is that he has to jiggle the power cable around in order for it to connect . There is obviously a problem with the socket. Is it possible to fix this? It doesn't appear easy to open up the back of the laptop to get at it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hio, Did you test with another AC Adapter just to be sure?

I did find these two, not sure which one you need since you said Acer aspire 5745/5553 series laptop

Aspire 5553/5553G Series Service Guide - Acer Support

Aspire 5745 Series Service Guide

If you are sure it is the socket then you need to order the socket. It appears that the power socket connects to the motherboard with a cable that can be unplugged making it simple to change compared to some laptops.

Then you need to disassemble the laptop until you can unplug the cable and change the cable and socket assembly.
Being very careful as the cables used and the connectors on the motherboard are delicate.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 27 August 2012 - 09:52 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 barrythegreek

barrythegreek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Thanks for the info rotor123

0 user(s) are reading this topic