Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Started by Getting Redirect from 4Flush.com, then also see strange code many times in online forums

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WECpoker

WECpoker

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

I noticed on multiple occasions when I am doing a 'Poker' Google News Search and one of the items is on 4Flush.com, when I click on the link I get taken to a red McAfee Warning that says site is unsafe, but it is not the 4Flush link, it is referring to protechere [dot] com and the link is protechere [dot] com/cgi-bin/r.cgi?p=10003&i=... 100% the 2nd time I click same link, it sends me to the proper 4Flush link I had clicked. I have not noticed redirects on any other site. Here is McAfee Warning for the site itself: http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/protechere.com/msgpage
When I google protechere [dot] com it comes up in several threads (amongst a bunch of other code) concerning .htaccess hacks. Is it likely it is this site that has been hacked or compromised, instead of my PC?

I started to really investigate and thought something was wrong when I noticed that suddenly "code" was coming up when I was reading the poker forum 2+2 (happened on some other forums as well), but generally went back to proper format when I refreshed. Sometime instead of code, I just get a blank white screen when I click a forum link. But a 2nd click gets back the proper format. Also, sometimes in "post" mode on this site 2+2 the buttons for Bold, Underline, etc do not work. There are a couple other errors as well. While the problems appear most on 2+2, the code does come up on other sites occasionally but more likely I get the blank page and need to click refresh on other sites. [*image of what I get below]

To see if I had picked up something, I ran McAfee Full Scan, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Full Scan, Downloaded and Ran SuperAntiSpyware Scan, and Downloaded Soluto. Everything came back clean. I was concerned and posted at the 2+2 Poker Section in the area that helps with possible Malware. I ran TDSSKiller, OTL and posted the logs. The opinion was the logs appeared to be malware free, and "not sure what the code thing is, But it is not behavior that malware would do. So I think whatever your problem is, it is not malware related."

I am still getting the "code" at times,and other strange problems described above and am concerned something is wrong. Thank You for taking a look, this has me scratching my head.
====================================================================================================================================================

I use Chrome Browser majority of the time (and almost all the time for forums), Firefox the remainder, and IE once in a great while.

Operating System: Vista
Antivirus Software: McAfee
Firewall: McAfee
Computer: Dell Inspiron 1525
CPU: Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2GHz
Motherboard: Dell OU99OC
Ram: DDR2 SDRAM 2 GB
Storage: Western Digital 215 GB
Video Card: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Soundcard: Sigma Tel

Posted Image

***After posting this, I was looking over several things, and as I was looking at McAfee, one of the reports now states I had a Trojan Detected in my Scan Today. The scan while running never showed this Trojan.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by WECpoker, 27 August 2012 - 06:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Did you try reinstalling your browser?

I ran TDSSKiller, OTL and posted the logs. The opinion was the logs appeared to be malware free, and "not sure what the code thing is, But it is not behavior that malware would do. So I think whatever your problem is, it is not malware related."

Link to this topic

#3 WECpoker

WECpoker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Did you try reinstalling your browser?

I ran TDSSKiller, OTL and posted the logs. The opinion was the logs appeared to be malware free, and "not sure what the code thing is, But it is not behavior that malware would do. So I think whatever your problem is, it is not malware related."

Link to this topic

Hi, Thank you. I did uninstall/reinstall Chrome - (as I post this reply, the 'code' is showing up here)

Edited by WECpoker, 27 August 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

and create a topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

Good luck