Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Endless Battle with Sirefef.AV and .EZ + Others

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 MisterSeek

MisterSeek

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

I am at a point of exhaustion. Never has a rootkit nor malware ever seemed to pose too much of a problem for me, although I am no expert nor have any formal training-perhapse just persistent or lucky-but this time I realize there is something beyond my own limited understanding. Humbly I ask for help. Not really sure where it started but it feels as though it was within the last two weeks. The internet had started to move incredibly slow and I am pretty sure my copy of Malwarebytes had been compromised, seeing as how it was not allowing the protection module to start. Long story short I ran a few programs and came across Sirefef amongst some others. At this point I have stopped trying to run things on my own because the last time I did I am not getting anything in log reports that I would notice to be suspicious, but the internet is still incredibly slow. Please Assist! I am not sure where to go from here. Attached are the prerequisite files listed on the Prep post. the DDS, and GMER logs.

EDIT*** An interesting side note. I have not been able to access my router page 192.168.2.1 for about the time that this has been going on.

Thanks Everyone for taking the time to review this and advise!

Attached Files

Edited by MisterSeek, 27 August 2012 - 01:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users