Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio All-in-One Overheating issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zero4894

Zero4894

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

My mother-in-law has a Sony Vaio VGC-JS450F All-In-One Desktop computer and it has some severe overheating issues. While idle it is fine and has been running for a full day just sitting there. Whenever someone tries to use it, the system gradually gets hotter and hotter and finally cuts itself off. I've fully cleaned all the fans and reapplied thermal grease where needed and both of the fans are fully functional. I've updated the Bios to the most current version. I'm at a complete loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Let's have a look at some data :).

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792

Louis

#3 Zero4894

Zero4894
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Very nice program thanks for letting me know about it. The graphics card is hotter than everything else. Is that an issue?

EDIT: Set the computer to play a video and upon watching the temp the graphics card is slowly but surely making it's way to the critical temp. The other temperatures are holding at or around the same.

Specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/EOMZqAbAebcMhffOsJULsz5

Edited by Zero4894, 26 August 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Might just wanna check this http://apcmag.com/sony-vaio-notebooks-suffer-from-faulty-nvidia-gpus.htm and ask Sony if the laptop model is included.

Tekken

#5 Zero4894

Zero4894
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the reply, I read this and contacted Sony. The faulty GPU models do not include the one for the computer in question.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Inevitably it will fail so might wanna see if the fan is up to the task and re-apply some gpu thermal paste.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users