Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELL LAPTOP STUDIO 1735 VISTA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GRADY488

GRADY488

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

My problem is just as described keyboard stopped working on one side ... and on my wifes side it works ... do not know what to do, i restored, im doing a virus scann now on it .. no results yet ... right now have to usee on screen key board to type on that side ... please help me ..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

<<My problem is just as described keyboard stopped working on one side ... and on my wifes side it works ...>>

Are you saying that...each of you is a user/has a profile on the same system...and you cannot use the keyboard properly but your wife can?

I have no idea what you are referring to as a "side".

Louis

#3 GRADY488

GRADY488
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

What i mean is that she is the administrator .. and when we login to the system the computer allows us to type or has use of the keyboard .. if we switch users to my side .. no keyboard useage at all only the online keyboard works.... Thanks for responding sorry did not explain clearly

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

No problem :).

Have you (not your wife) received any onscreen messages when you attempt to login to your system?

Louis

#5 GRADY488

GRADY488
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

No ... we have not recvd any on screen notices .. thats whats so strang about it ..(im Lost)???

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Well...my guess would be corrupt/damaged profile for you...but I would try uninstalling the keyboard driver, then rebooting the system. The keyboard drivers will reinstall automatically at boot.

Louis

#7 GRADY488

GRADY488
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

THANKS hamluis... I will try that and keep u posted .. and i appreciate the response

#8 GRADY488

GRADY488
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

It did not work .. i think you are right .. corrupt user file on my part ... will attempt to remove my user .. and start a new one

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,387 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users