Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Blue Screens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smv

smv

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I've been having random blue screens. Through research, I venture it may be a hardware issue related with my wireless adapter (or maybe even one related to my anti-virus)...but I'd greatly appreciate someone else's view/opinion as well as a course of action.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Download UnknownDeviceIdentifierand post the log it Creates in your next reply.
Run the program allow it to finish then hit file> save > Save the file to desktop.The default file name will be DeviceList Attach Device list in your next reply.

Please go here and download Speccy run the program and when it is finished Hit File >>>>>>Publish Snap Shot>>>> A link will pop-up on your desktop please post it here in your next reply.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

Upload your minidump files
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/How-to-compress-and-upload-Minidump-files/td-p/253475

#3 smv

smv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply. Please check your PMs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users