Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get the optical audio interface to work on the Razer Chimera 5.1 for the PC. Any ideas why?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 st3v3yo

st3v3yo

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Also when I have them connected via 3.5mm stereo, for some reason when I do the audio test in realtech HD audio manager, it plays the same sound equally in both ears, with the sound that should be coming out of the right speaker about 1/10 as loud as what should be coming out of the left.
If I can get the optical 5.1 surround sound that would be ideal, however at the very least I'd like to have properly balanced stereo sound. If I can't get even that to work, I may just return them all together; games with directional sound like LoL are all but unplayable.
Also I tried calling razer tech support but the guy wasn't very helpful at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 st3v3yo

st3v3yo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Nevermind just fixed this myself; turns out i had to completely disable the analog output in control panel in order for the optical out to get a signal. just changing the default output wasnt enough

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users