Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple problems! Related or Seperate incidents happening at same time?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hello everyone!

I do not know where to begin. I had noticed some files that I have not used in a while and deleted them. Why? To clear up some space on my computer desktop and hopefully that those files would ease up the slow start up problems I begain to encounter.

After that I begain to notice some weird things going on with my web-browsers. So I ran some security scans. The only thing that showed up was cookies. So I checked in the Quarentine files to see if I forgot anything there. There was 2 files there. I erased/deleted them with the program that had found them. Then I was without internet service for just over a week.

I first got caught up on my emails and updated all of my security programs and updated Windows and other programs also. That is when I noticed something was amiss more with with my browsers. I checked all of the settings, cleared the cache, cleared the browsing history, and the cookies. That only helped for a day. I even tried updating Java, adobe player, adobe shockwave, and NVIDIA drivers. Everything updated except the NVIDIA drivers. I got error messages. So I waited a week and thought maybe it was problems with the website, because I had experinced problems on other websites due to them doing maintainance.

Earlier this week I got notices I needed to update several programs. In the process of updating those programs and the windows programs that is where the real trouble began! First while updating the Windows program the darned update froze on me! I had to turn off the computer at the surge protecter to restart it! Then during the one update of either Java or one of the Adobe prorgams that updadte either froze or crashed on me! Had to start over again! Then after I got those all updated, I tried to update the NVIDIA drivers again using the Control panel on my computer. I got 2 messages. 1 about a Microsoft Host Process failure, and the other about Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library error. So I tried to use the Auto scanner on NVIDIA's website. Well I got 2 error messages there also! 1 a Java error and the other a GPU reader error.

I contacted NVIDIA about the errors and they suggested I uninstall Java and then re-install JAva and then reboot, that should fix the errors. Well Last night and this morning I tried it again, I still get the errors. But now, My web-browsers crash too, when using their auto-scanner on their web-site.

I have even tried to reset to a previous save point, but that has not helped for any of the problems.

I do not know if there is any malware or virus or what? But nothing has showed up on my daily scans. Nothing was picked up on the active or passive modes either. I do not know if any of the web-browser settings could cause these problems or not. Also I had a previous problem with The Weather Channels desktop app and was told to delete one of their files and now I keep getting a message that the computer cannot find that file, even though I uninstalled and re-installed to a newer version. I even asked them about it but got no answer back in over 4 weeks. I do not know if that could have any affect or not.

I believe I still have some of the screenshots of the messages I receive, but will have to check.

What could be causing all of these problems? Are they all related or are they seperate problems happening at the same time?

I would appreciate any and all help on this. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users