Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Wont Load Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

How do.

Im running windows xp home edition, which was relativly clean as i had zone alarm, avg and spyblaster running at least once a week.
Or at least i think it is.
However, as i was sat at the PC it turned it self off, which at first i thought must of been me just knocking the power button, which i have done in the past, however, when i came to restart it, it loaded the first page (the one that has the beep) and then on the second page, which has alot of information with things like PCI devices and the hard disks it stops. Thats the best i can describe it, as the curser is still flashing and i can stil hear the fans running.
Could someone please try and help...im a little worried, seeing as its not even geting to the stage where it can load from a CD.

Thankyou in anticipation of your help.

Edited by jonnyhibbert, 13 March 2006 - 05:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:37 PM

Remove all usb devices and try to restart. Does it work now?

Do you hear any beeps when this happens? Sometimes computers give you beeps in code, i.e. one long, one short, etc.

What brand and model computer is this?

Were you experiencing any buggy behaviour from this computer before this crash?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:52 AM

Hmmm. thanks for the reply, but i came down this morning and turned it on and it loaded up just fine. Not sure why, as i hadnt changed anything.

thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:54 AM

I believe that when a computer fouls up once, and only once, then you do not have a problem. That is the nature of the beast sometimes. However, if the problem happens again, try the suggestion listed above and come back and tell us about it with answers to the above questions included. It will really speed up the troubleshooting process. In the mean time document all buggy behaviours you see, just in case they are related. Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users