Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluescreen on safe mode and no restore points

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

So, I have this system, and it bluescreens when I boot in to both "normal" and save modes, however it reboots instantly, so I can't see the error.
I have gone into recovery console, and there are no system restore points.
Windows cannot fix the startup "Automatically"
I am at a loss as to how to proceed next to fix this issue.
Lil help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

When the system first boots begin tapping the F8 function key until you get to the Advanced Boot Options screen. From there, select "Disable Restart on System Failure". Reboot. Post the entire contents of the blue screen error in your next post.

#3 Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Duh! I have NO idea how I missed that. Turned out it was a c000021a. After some researching and further testing, it was the SSD (Second one in that computer to go!) so now I wait to RMA the drive.. again *Sigh*
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have no idea how I missed that option in the advanced boot options.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,575 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

You're welcome. Let us know how things turn out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users