Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Met Police Ransomeware virus (Ukash?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 xxxpipxxx

xxxpipxxx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hi My name is Phil

My sister has this virus on her laptop, and whilst now able to access her PC in Safe Mode has no internet connection (happened after infection).

She wants to ensure the malware is completly removed, so I have suggested this forum

Because she has lost connection to her router (both wireless and wired)I need therefore to act as an intermediary at this stage. Please can you advise the best form of action we can take. ( I do not live close to my sister, so I cant access her laptop.)

Thanks for any intial advice.

Phil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xxxpipxxx

xxxpipxxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hi

Just to update. We have done a system restore, reset winsock and winsock2, done deep virus scan. Plus other checks etc.

Laptop sort of working now and has internet connection again.

I have advised my sister to contact forum directly, so I am happy to close this request for now.

Cheers

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users