Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can´t Remove Spyfalcon By Following The Bc Instructions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 unitedletters

unitedletters

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

Hi,
my name is Jörn from Sweden. I tried to remove ´Spyfalcon´ using the instructions supplied by bleepingcomputer.com. I came successfully to the point 15. where you are asked to open the smitRem folder ON YOUR DESkTOP: well just that my desktop doesn´t contain the folders after successfully downloading them to the desktop following the instructions point 2.-5. My desktop shows the folders in normal Windows mode but not in Safe Mode. Neither can I download the folders again in Safe mode to the SAfe mode desktop, well I guess that´s why it is the safe mode :thumbsup:. So what can I do or respectively what have I done wrong in the beginning because the files don´t apear on the desktop when I restart in safe mode??
Would be great if someone could help me, I get very frustrated with the popping-up spyfalcon messages.
Many thanks in advance.
Jörn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:43 PM

Hi, unitedletters. Probably you can't see the files under safe mode, because you are starting into another account. Log into the same account you are using to follow the instructions and the files should be there. Or, unzip them into a different location, a new folder in C:, for example.

#3 unitedletters

unitedletters
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:37 PM

Thanks a lot, CYCLICA, your suggestion worked fine! I had to copy the files into C:\; got finally rid of spyfalcon;

Once again, many thanks from a cold and snowy Stockholm!
Jörn

#4 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:13 PM

Glad to help, Jörn.

Greetings from the sunny Mexico! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users