Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

atapi.sys BSOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Victor_76

Victor_76

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hello, I have been getting a BSOD recently after starting to use a 32" TV as a 2nd moniter, so i figured it was related to that so i stopped using it but the blue screens have continuted. It happens whenever i open certain programs, one of which is when i try to log into Steam.
The BSOD says this:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow theses steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xF72F471D, 0xAA9AA580, 0x00000000)

*** atapi.sys - Address F72F471d base at F72EA000, DateStamp 4802539d

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

The BSOD has happened at other times other then when logging into Steam, 2 or 3 times now it happened randomly, and it happens whenever i try to run a game called "Kerbal Space Program".

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

~Victor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Victor_76

Victor_76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Nevermind, fixed the issue.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,264 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Care to share the details of what the problem and fix were?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users