Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS Support Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wrr67

wrr67

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

My ASUS laptop is a year old and several weeks ago it just stopped working. It would not power on. I called ASUS support and they sent me an RMA form and it was sent Fedex to the repair depot. The motherboard was bad and it was repaired under warranty and returned. When I powered it up I noticed that it was taking a lot longer than normal to boot up. When I checked the system information I noticed that it had only 2 GB of RAM instead of the 6 GB it was supposed to have. I immediately called the support line where I was sure it would be sorted out quickly. I was wrong. After they re-confirmed ALL of my information they put me on hold while they retrieved a supervisor. I have to repeat the entire story to the supervisor. All he says is that my case has been "escalated" and is there anything else he can help me with. It has now been two days and nobody has contacted me. I guess I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in a few more days. Has anyone else had any problems with ASUS support?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Me, personally, no I have not had any issues with them whatsoever. I would try calling them back here before to long, its possible it just got lost in the paperwork, oversights happen. If they don't do anything I would then report them to the Bureau. Though, I would wonder if something else is wrong with the laptop-there shouldn't be much of, if any difference to boot up a windows 7 laptop between 2 and 6 gigabytes, unless you have a lot of start up stuff.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users