, and welcome to BC!!!
My name is bloopie
and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can!
A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
- If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
- Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
I also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner
, please also do the following: For 64-bit machines you may skip this step!!
Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:
Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice
Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:
How to create a GMER log
==========What I would like to see in your next reply!
- The DDS log
- The minimized attach.txt from the DDS scan
- The GMER log (32-bit machines only)
Edited by bloopie, 28 August 2012 - 03:45 PM.