Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repairing Laptop's Right Touchpad Button

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 retrac1324

retrac1324

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I have a Samsung RC512-S01 that's out of warranty. The right button below the touchpad stopped working completely. It doesn't function at all in Windows 7 or in Ubuntu and when I plug in a mouse, the right button on the mouse works so I know it's a hardware issue. The left button and the touchpad itself works fine.

I'm comfortable opening it up and if checking for loose connections, but if everything looks ok on the inside, would the item linked below be the replacement that I need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271012540541?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

hello,take it apart ,and check the little black buttons, and the ribbon cable connection to the motherboard ,also check it for matching numbers to the part on ebay

Edited by caperjac, 25 August 2012 - 11:08 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users