Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broadband Modem Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 help!1234

help!1234

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hello so I don't know much about computers so hopefully someone can help!
Here goes what happened:

All the computers in the house had a problem where they would be redirected to dlinksearch? This was around a month ago. So i googled how to fix this and found myself on a website that did fix this problem.

Now all of the laptops around the house work fine, sometimes slow, but good enough. Our main computer (where i fixed the original problem on) is now having issues, that I am trying to fix at the moment.

First, you click on internet explorer, and instead of going to our homepage it shows the whole "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" thing .... but the address in the address bar is not our homepage, it's g.msn.com/CQCON/4 .....don't know if that is normal? And so i click on "diagnose connection problems" and it tells me that "your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues". So it tells me steps to restart it.... i've tried that and it still does not seem to work. Plus all of our laptops work fine, so wouldn't that mean the broadband modem is working for them? Why won't it work for our main computer, that it's hooked up to? Did what i do to fix the dlinksearch issue mess up the computer?

Did that make sense to anyone/can someone please help me!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Welcome to BC help!1234. :)
Please post the troubled computer model and modem/router connecting all your network. Please run Minitoolbox from here -> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html and checkmark all options before clicking Go.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users