Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Reinstall Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Thaumaturge Jay

Thaumaturge Jay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Okay, So I've been fighting this stupid laptop, Toshiba L45-S7424. It doesn't have a recovery partition so I've burned the ISO and planned to use the Key on the OEM sticker on the bottom of the machine. However, when attempting to boot from the DVD I burned (got the ISO file from mydigitallife.info) the screen shows me the "Windows is loading files" then immediately gives me the following error.

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error...

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred

I ran chkdisk /f with no bad sectors...I am at a loss here? I've also run AVG's Rescue CD to second check my guess that the hard disk is fine. I am not 100% sure that the CD drive is perfect, but also haven't had any issues running anything from the CD while in Windows either that I know of?

Any guesses as to how I can go about clean installing Windows 7 32 bit on this machine would be appreciated. It is currently running Win 7 32 but there are issues (it freezes often, programs regularly stop responding, etc). I've clean several bugs from the system using Avast!, Malwarebytes, and AdAware but the weirdness continues?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Probably, your DVD is not burned properly. Either try burning it again with slower write speed. Or use Windows 7 bootable USB creation tool.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

#3 Thaumaturge Jay

Thaumaturge Jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

Tried two different .iso files (X17-59183.iso and X15-65804.iso) both burned as slow as FreeISOBurner.exe would do it (4x) also used the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool all attempts result in the same outcome...I'm wondering if the DVD/CD drive may be having some issues? But the AVG rescue disk seemed to load fine, maybe a little slow. Also, the HP disk for the printer worked fine when attempting to load that?

I guess I'll try a different CD drive and check back to see if anyone else has any opinions?

Thanks BTW Romeo

#4 Thaumaturge Jay

Thaumaturge Jay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

It would appear that the CD drive is crapping out. It works occasionally, however I cannibalized a drive from another laptop and am in the process of re-installing Windows 7!! I'm so happy, now if this will actually complete the way I hoped I'll be a happy man!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users