Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Option's not opening

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 QRyche

QRyche

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I'm new here, so if this is the wrong forum, let me apologize beforehand. My computer runs IE8 SP3.
When I go to 'tools', I'm unable to get 'Internet Options' to open, or for 'Delete Browsing History'
to open. I have tried to go to 'Internet Options' through the control panel. I've tried to do
both in safe mode. I've run Malwarebytes, Avast Anti-Virus, and SuperAntiSpyware. I'm up to date
on Windows updates. I've rebooted a number of times. One article I read said to search for 'inetcpl.cpl'
in Run. I did this, and nothing came up. So I searched from the start menu for 'inetcpl.cpl' and
found two located in the System32 file. One labeled 'inetcpl' and one labelled 'inetcplc.dll'. Any
suggestions are appreciated. Overall, my computer is cool. The only thing out of the ordinary, is
since a few days back, I'm unable to get hotmail.com or live.com to open. I get a white page with
a yellow triangle in the bottom left hand side and the word "Done". Not sure if this is related. Thanks
for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Uninstall your IE 8 from add or remove programs.Reinstall IE 8

#3 QRyche

QRyche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for getting back to me so quick Narenxp. I went to Revo Unistaller to remove 'Windows Internet Explorer 8', and a warning came up showing me a ton of updates and programs that relied on IE8 to function properly. I cancelled out and came here to fill you in. Is it ok for me to go ahead and go through with this uninstall, then reboot, find IE8 somewhere on the net again, reinstall it, reboot again, and everything goes back to normal. Is this how I should go about it? Will my computer be cool if I follow these steps? Thanks again.

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Go ahead and uninstall it

Download IE 8

http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/C/0/CC0BD555-33DD-411E-936B-73AC6F95AE11/IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe

#5 QRyche

QRyche
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm gonna do it right now. Thanks for the quick response, again. If anything goes wrong,
I'll take it out on my nextdoor neighbor, who never mows his lawn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users