Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor not recognizing computer video output

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandaz93

sandaz93

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm having a bit of problem with my computer monitor + tower. The computer is a 2.5 year old dell desktop tower with windows 7, and the monitor is a 1.5 year old Samsung Syncmaster B2330HD. For the last 1.5 years, the tower connected to the monitor via a VGA cable, and everything worked well. I noticed that whenever the screen turned on, it would cycle through resolutions until it "found" the pc's resolution. That process would take 3-5 seconds.

Now, for some reason, when I turn the screen on, the monitor does not match the resolution of the tower, and no picture is produced. The signal still works, as the monitor is indicating it is receiving a signal on the pc, and does switch to the PC source when the computer turns on. The Dell Inspiron logo appears at the 800 X 600 @60hrtz resolution, but when the monitor automatically changes to 720 X 400 @ 70 hrtz seconds later, all picture disappears. As soon as the insprion logo is done loading, the monitor switches to 720 X 400.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by sandaz93, 22 August 2012 - 03:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

Did you make any change before this occured and have you tried booting to safemode and reinstall the video driver? What Dell model PC is it?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users