Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, My Name Is Jeffy And I'm A 'puter Geek

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 That Rascal

That Rascal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:04 PM

:thumbsup:

Just wanted to say "Hello" and let you all know that I am somewhat 'puter literate, I used to work at an ISP designing and selling webpages. (However, this was more in an "artistic" sense) To wit: I worked with the client and "designed" the page(s) to do what they needed/wanted and then explained it all to the guys in the HTML dept. who would then bring it all to life. I would then sit with the client and go over it live online and then make a "punchout" list for the HTML guys to fix/change/enhance the site.

I understand alot ... but probably know very little ... when it comes to being compared to you folks.

I am a Lighting Designer/Director by trade and am about to move to China for a job I just took with the worlds largest lighting manufacturer. I will be living there full time. I am to leave around the 20th of March.

I am also an aspiring writer (Fiction Short Stories, Poetry, Philosophical Essays and a full-on Novel!). You can see some of my work, read my bio, see my 1996 resume (Lame I know, but Ive been fending off hurricanes and losing all I own and blah, blah, blah ... So updating that has lost importance as of late!) and you can even see a picture of my scary mug! Its all cost/spam/pop-up free.

It is here: www.GoJeffy.com

Enjoy and it is great to meet you all!

Jeffy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:22 PM

Hello Jeffy

Welcome to Bleeping Comptuer. It's always nice to a guy who likes to learn. I think that you misinterpret most of us here. Like others, we do know a fair bit, but not everything - we always learn off each other a pitch in with our specialties. For example i've learnt a lot of hardware experts and they may have learn things from my work.

From the experience you have you may be able to help many others, and hopefully we will be able to help you. This site is a great user community where you must give to get, or else the site would not function. I like your work and your website looks good! I...er...agree with the scary mugshot though!

Good luck and see you around.
David

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:22 PM

As complex as computing has become because we expect it to do so very many tasks, no one person could hope to be an expert in every area. Here at BC, members help others by sharing their experience and expertise in different areas.
Good luck getting through the Chinese Internet censors.

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:41 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! That Rascal.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic