Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using WinDirStat to Remove possible Recycler trojan

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hamish62

Hamish62

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi - am trying to find out how exactly the Recycler trojan affects other XP programs, if at all; evidence of it was returned by a defragmentation 2 days ago, and someone who's been assisting me on another site board with an inability to download/upload/save/attach in Firefox as well as increase C drive space, forwarded a link to WinDirStat, which is a European-based scanning system that determines how much space is allocated to various types of functions - it also has the ability to delete such processes and indeed positively identified the trojan as having been acquired May 17th of this year, but before I attempt to get rid of Recycler, wanted to first find out if there's anything it might've typically attached itself to otherwise which, if lost with the deletion, would cause further problems - he's not sure.....one last note: haven't been able to get full access to anything in Safe Mode for well over a year now; I've had the 'Open With' dialogue box come up and still no idea how that will be rectified; some sense it may just be a question of false associations that need to be corrected but I just don't don't have the financial means at present to do so.....thanks; any assistance lent would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users