Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ads On This Site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

Dear folks,

Since using this site I have found it to be very very helpful and its integrity cannot be questioned. Therefore, since BC is so genuine and the people that run and help on it are so brilliant, could it be reasonable to assume that any free or shareware ads that appear on BC are as genuine as the site mods and experts..are these sites checked or should they be treated with the same caution as ads on the web in general?

Thanks for your indispensible support..:-)

Darren :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

If you are referring to Google ads, then I would proceed with caution.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:27 AM

BC does not have direct and constant control over the many advertisements found at this site over time, so you must exercise the same caution about those as you would about any advertisement; especially for software, you must research about it before downloading and installing it.

However, those freeware applications that are mentioned either in pinned topics, or in the Tutorials, have been used (and tested) by various members of the staff, and you can download these with that assurance. If an application is mentioned that is in BETA release, then understand that these may have bugs and have been released for general testing.

I hope this answers your question.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:49 AM

Yes I was actually referring to the google ads...I actually use all recommended software from posts without caution (except I only use the thread suggesitons if the suggesting author shows extensive knowledge by their rating...ie..as hypocritical as it may seem, I wont take advice from a lower rated author (such as myself) without checking it out first...thanks guys..just wanted to differentiate from the varying ads...the only freeware I have downloaded from 3rd parties is
AVG Grisoft, YPOPs for yahoo remote downloading and ad-aware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users