Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello all.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 saltyangel

saltyangel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Patricia and I live in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. I am a 52 year old single (and loving it) female. I stay at home and take care of my aging father who is developing alzheimers. Because of this I spend a lot of time on my computer and consequently end up with viruses. I plan to learn how to deal with these silly thing myself instead of having to pay someone to do it for me. One of my favorite sites is ebay the old coin section. I collect coins from all over the world, as well I collect salt and pepper shakers. My favorite saying is "TIMITY" This Is Me Is That You. Well that is enough about me for now and it will be very nice hearing from you all. Have a good one!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

:welcome:
Hey Patricia, welcome to the BleepingComputer community. This is one of the premier forums where highly skilled people help remove infection from people's computer.
You can find so much information and friendly people on this site (forum) that you would never get virus infecting your system :)

You have shown interest in learning how to defend against malware and viruses. Like with other bad things, the best defense is knowledge. I suggest that you start by reading these two ebooks :
http://www.sophos.com/sophos/docs/eng/sophos-a-to-z.pdf (If you find it boring then start from page 84)
http://www.sophos.com/sophos/docs/eng/comviru/viru_ben.pdf (not necessary but interesting for beginners)

If you have any virus related queries then you can post them to one of the appropriate sub-forums under Security.

I hope you enjoy BC community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users