Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constantly Restarting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CodyP

CodyP

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Okay, so for about a month now my computer has been restarting on its own. For a while I thought it was because it was getting hot. And it was pretty hot, but now I'll walk away to get a drink and come back and it will restart while I was away. AND on top of that, when it does it brings up a startup manager type thing, where it scans and finds out what the problem was and tries to fix it so it can start back up. At first that was okay, it would fix it then start up fine. But now it just scans and scans only to say it can't fix it and to try again. If I don't hit cancel it will do this forever. If I hit cancel it lets me start it up fine. I'm at a total loss. Is it permanent damage? Or can I undo my destruction with the factory restart disk? Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

May be you could explain us better?Startup like thing? Do you get a shutdown screen?

Can you try to boot into safemode with networking?

Restart the PC

Press F8 on bootup

Select REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER

Click on REPAIR

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Can you get to this screen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic