Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suspect key logger malware on Laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 peterah

peterah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hi first time here and would very much appreciate help from the experts on this site. I strongly suspect I have key logging malware down loaded to my laptop and may be my PC as well. The reason is I have now had 4 Internet accounts hacked into, all different passwords, over the space of a few months. Also the laptop has been running horrendously slow when on the Internet. I have virus guard installed ( ms security essentials, previously avg) and now also Zone Alarm firewall. None of these have ever detected anything suspicious. I have also carried out a full scan using Malawarebytes and also Kapersky root kit checker. I have also used Panda on one occasion and again nothing found. However, I have installed KL detector key logger detection software and that has detected suspicious activity - originally it detected an apparent aol file .......\metrics\cmls_ms.tlv that was being modified as I wrote to notepad. When I re-checked after a re-boot a different file is being modified when I type on the keyboard. Also, After reading on the various forums here that I would probably need to run combo fix I tried to download and install and although it downloaded it has twice stalled during the installation process. After combo fix stalled and I tried to reboot the pc I received an error message saying that the Yontoo Process was not responding and from what I can see this program may well be associated with malware. I have now also installed and ran root repeal which also seems to have detected suspicious files however I would apprecitate help in interpreting the report. Also not sure if this program also cleans the system as well , as just re ran key logger detector - now not finding any suspicious files

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users