Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DIVX

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chgo2007

chgo2007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Can't remove DIVX from my VISTA laptop. Tried REVO and Add-Remove-Programs. I punch in DIVX into the search bar and nothing shows up. If you have any ideas please let me know and keep it simple. I'm new at this. Thanks

Edit: Removed Email Address
Moved from Introductions to a more appropriate forum
By Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 August 2012 - 12:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I used to have DIVX on my computer, but I uninstalled it when an update changed it beyond recognition. However, I do not remember it being difficult to uninstall.

If you go to 'Control panel' - 'Programs and features', does it show up in the list of installed programs ? If it doesn't, then it may be that all you are left with are the desktop icons, and these are easy to remove. Right click on the icon, and then click on 'Delete' in the drop-down menu that appears. You may then get a confirmation pop-up telling you this only removes the icon, not the program, but that is what you want to do. One icon, gone.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users