Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox has high CPU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 branch

branch

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

I noticed in my TASK MANAGER that firefox.exe runs up and down on CPU(119,000-177,000k). Is this normal guys? Can this fluctuating cause low memory problems? Suggestions anyone? I have a 32-bit Windows XP (service pack 3)operating system.

Branch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Does it do the same thing with all add ons disabled?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 branch

branch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

I have resolved this issue and apologize for not replying back. I've had other issues to deal with.

Sincerely,

Branch

#4 Pajajn

Pajajn

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Posted Image
FF :thumbup2:

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,937 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

I observe in task manager on my PC, that F/F absorbs 190,792K mem.usage....?????

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 EscEscEsc

EscEscEsc

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Same here firefox uses a lot of cpu memory for me. even when I have the addons disabled.

#7 Jonathan James

Jonathan James

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I have been using Firefox since last 4 years.Few days back I also encountered similar kind of issue with the Firefox.My system have 1 GB RAM memory.When I opened Firefox and checked the Task manager I saw that Firefox was consuming large amount of memory.Now I have upgraded my Ram to 2 GB and the problem is resolved.

#8 kingnick42

kingnick42

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Firefox uses a lot of memory here as well. Think its just a FF problem.

#9 FyberByte

FyberByte

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I would recommend you stop using firefox I much rather chrome because it does not lag as much as fire fox.

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

On September 6 the original posting member stated:

I have resolved this issue and apologize for not replying back. I've had other issues to deal with.

Sincerely,

Branch

With that in mind this topic is now closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users