Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

the wifi went out on my hp pavilion entertainment laptop dv6 with windows vista. i tried going to the hp website to try to download a new driver, but it wont let me. right now im using a belkin plug and play usb wifi that i am borrowing. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time.

-sharpie :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DonnaB

DonnaB

Bleepin' Ailurophile

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 2,427 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hi sharpie,

i tried going to the hp website to try to download a new driver, but it wont let me

What message do you receive, if any?

Please try this:

Click on Start > Run and type in devmgmt.msc and click Ok

Click on the arrow to the left of the Network Adapters to expand and look for the Wifi Adapter. Once found, right click and choose Uninstall. Reboot the computer. You should get a message telling you that new hardware is being installed.

If no Wifi adapter is found, please provide the exact Model# of the computer. To find the Model#, flip the laptop upside down and on the bottom there should be an HP sticker with serial number, etc. It will display exact model for the laptop. The # should look similar to this--> HP dv6-6c53nr.

Edited by DonnaB, 19 August 2012 - 11:42 PM.

A cat named ugly

Proud parent of a young Man who devotes his life to the U.S.Navy

Graduate of GeekU Malware Removal training program

"To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought." ~ Tom Robbins

"Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living." ~ Helen Keller

#3 marketing3

marketing3

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hi, for the purpose of getting drivers of any model of HP you may visit that following link... Your problem will surely be solved while downloading and installing wifi driver...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4121236

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users