Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNT+

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 branch

branch

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I ran this topic under the wrong forum and apologize. Need to know if this software is effective without any problems. Will sites still load properly, since this software blocks trackers from sending ads. Need advice. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Branch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm going to assume here that you mean Do Not Track Plus. If I'm correct it has decent reviews and as a Firefox add on it's a featured one. So I'd say it's a good app. I don't use it myself and had never heard of it but that doesn't mean others haven't.

Firefox add on here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/donottrackplus/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 branch

branch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

Bleepin'Animinion:

Thanks for the add-on. I looked at the FAQ's on it's website. Just wanted to hear from anyone using the program firsthand. I figured it would increase my speed on searches by blocking the banners and ads. The site stated it did not interfere with social buttons associated with FACEBOOK,TWITTER,etc. Do not know if the program works well with torrent sites. It stated that you could allow the trackers to load with the program's toolbar if such a site did not load properly. Thank you for your reply.

Branch

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users