Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

INfected with WIn64/Patched.B.Gen trojan (in services.exe)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Snaga12

Snaga12

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hi there

Feels kind of funny posting on a forum and asking for help when ive given nothing to the forum, but you guys seem to know whats what. So here i go.

a few week ago i started noticing DNS attack warnings on my laptop. Thought nothing of it as it appeared to be an internal ip.

My wife then started having trouble with her pc. Slow boot up, random crashes and lots of warnings from ESET about quarantined files. However on checking the log i can see these files have not been deleted.

The pc is running on Win 7 64 bit, on a dell with a q6300 and 4 gb of ram. ive tried booting in safe and running various anti malware etc to no joy.

Hope one of you can help!!!

Oh and ive also added a pic of the ESET log

Thanks

James

Attached Files

Edited by Snaga12, 19 August 2012 - 11:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hello Snaga12,
  • Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
  • My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
  • Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
  • Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
  • In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.

• Finally, please reply using the ADD REPLY button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.

Do you have a USb Flash Drive you can use?

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#3 Snaga12

Snaga12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

Yes fireman4it, i do have a flash drive to hand

James

#4 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
[*]Select Command Prompt[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.[*]The tool will start to run.[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.[*]Press Scan button.[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list][/quote]

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#5 Snaga12

Snaga12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Sorry for the delay. Work. :(

Attached Files

• Attached File  FRST.txt   26.69KB   3 downloads

#6 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt

C:\Windows\Installer\{6f680979-7a84-8224-5469-f972d5dac6aa}
C:\Users\Libby\AppData\Local\{6f680979-7a84-8224-5469-f972d5dac6aa}
HKLM\...\Run: [woron] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Libby\AppData\Roaming\woron.dll",HrCreateTridentMenu [x]
HKLM\...\Run: [waceat] "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Users\Libby\AppData\Roaming\waceat.dll",set_swap_alpha [x]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: []  [x]

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.
On Windows XP: Now please boot into the BartPE CD.
Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

We need to find a replacement file on your system

Please do the following:

• boot into System Recovery Options and run FRST64.
  • Type the following in the edit box after "Search:" so it looks like this:

Search: services.exe

Click Search button and post the log it makes to your reply.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#7 Snaga12

Snaga12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Fix log attached

Attached Files

#8 Snaga12

Snaga12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

heres the next log.

Attached Files

#9 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt

Replace: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..s-servicecontroller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_2b54b20ee6fa07b1\services.exe
  C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.
On Windows XP: Now please boot into the BartPE CD.
Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#10 Snaga12

Snaga12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi mate

log attached

Attached Files

#11 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hello,

Can you please use your computer and tell me how it is doing.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#12 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hello.

Are you still there?

If you are please follow the instructions in my previous post.

If you still need help, follow the instructions I have given in my response. If you have since had your problem solved, we would appreciate you letting us know so we can close the topic.

Please reply back telling us so. If you don't reply within 3-5 days the topic will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding :)

With Regards,
fireman4it

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

#13 Snaga12

Snaga12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hi mate

sorry for late reply, i have been at work on a 24 hr shift and it wipes me out. my wife is using the pc this am, so i will check with her and let you know. BTW i am about to go on holiday for a week wihhout access to the pc in question. So if there is still a problem, i will have to get back to you on a week Sunday.

James

#14 Snaga12

Snaga12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hi

Just checked and spoken with my wife. ESET has picked up services.exe and is showing a warning again.

James

#15 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFix

This tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
  • Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
  • Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

• Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may cause it to stall.

Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users