Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:20 AM

Hi all...I have tried to install nero 6 and get this message...%1 is not valid Win 32 application. D:\ Nero 6 OEM\ Setupx.exe

Anyone know anything about this?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:36 AM

Do you have a full retail version of Nero 6 or are you using one that came with a different CD/DVD drive than the one that's installed in your computer?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:48 AM

I bought this on ebay for six dollars, what a rip off, it's printed on the label "bundle with CD/DVD recorder only", "not for resale".

I had installed it once before, but since I reformatted it gives me the error message.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

Some of the ones that come with DVD drives are proprietal for that brand and model of drive only.

I believe Nero has had some issues under SP2 and has issued patches for the problems. Take a look on their support page.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2006 - 10:26 PM

Perhaps you should forward that info to Ebay, at least the seller may be banned or forced to credit you and prohibit them from future rip offs.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/beta.html?fb=false

Beta software, test software and evaluation software are not permitted on the eBay site. These are early copies of software distributed by software developers strictly for the purpose of evaluation and troubleshooting. Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Some Examples

Connor’s mother works for Adobe, and she brought home a “beta” copy of Photoshop 10.0 in order to test the program for problems. When she finished testing it, she gave it to Connor, who wanted to sell it on eBay. Because this beta copy of Photoshop 10.0 is not authorized for resale or distribution, Connor is not permitted to list the software for sale on eBay.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

I recently used Wipe Drive to clean my hdd prior to installing XP Pro, after installing the os I reinstalled the nero 6 using the same disk that I've been referring to, it worked fine. I had a problem with XP crashing everytime I tried to access the internet, so I wiped the drive again and reinstalled W2k Pro, I tried to reinstall nero 6 after that, and that was when I started getting the message.

Other than the os I haven't changed anything, and the wipe drive completely removed the previous installation,so that shouldn't be an issue. I have a disk for Nero OEM Suite 1, which has the same disclaimer on the disk...Bundle with CD/DVD recorder only, and not for resale, this one was given to me by a friend, and I had no problem installing it. I've even washed the other disk thinking that perhaps that was the problem.

It has become a point of curiosity, I would like to know what happened, but I've expended about as much time and energy as I'm willing to give this quest.

BTW, M$ is sending me a disk for SP2, when it arrives I will try to install XP again, cross you collective fingers.

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

Did you have SP4 and the rollout installed (on Win 2K) when you tried to install Nero?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users