Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winrscmde has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davespcneedshelp

davespcneedshelp

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hello, I have a Vista 64bit system and its infected. I keep getting these Windows prompts that "Winrscmde has stopped working" every 30 seconds. I've run MS Security Essentials as my normal antivirus Norton 360 apparently didnt- and still doesnt- detect any infection. MS Security Essentials did detect an infection, which is the pernicious little bug Trojan:DOS/Alureon.A... So MS Security Essentials was unable to remove it, it quarantined it, however the windows prompt keeps coming up every 30 seconds and its aggravating as heck. Other programs/ services will stop on occasion as well, but not very often. I've run a scan of Windows Defender Offline from a USB flashdrive, and the quick scan found nothing, but the full system scan found this bug, and was able to remove it. Then I boot up and my joy is short lived as the bug is back. I see that its related to the svchost file in the Windows folder. I delete this but it just comes right back.

MS Security Essentials has the following info on this:

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
rootkit:Alureon->Mbr::Alureon

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

You have already started topic here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic465684.html

Your Virus Help Position is at #68

One of the Malware response team members would assist you