Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I/O device error 0x8007045D

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hérômus

Hérômus

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hello,

Correct me please if I should've posted this elsewhere. I am using windows 7.

A few weeks ago I bought a WD elements HD, 1TB, USB 3.0. While transferring (just copy-paste, not using back up software) my files it got stuck and gave me the I/O device error 0x8007045D. It kept happening with the same files. It happend at folders from 50GB, but also from 700MB. It did not happen with every file/folder.

I did check disk on the device, no result. The device was brand new so I went back to the store with my warranty. There I received a new device from another brand. The Toshiba Store.E Canvio. Also 1TB and USB 3.0. This time with back up software. So I started backing up my whole laptop. At 30% progress it got stuck. Tried it again, same result. Then I started to back up a folder that was rejected by the WD. It worked! Though I also wanted to know, if it would work when I just copy-paste it like with the WD. The reason I want this is because I'd like to acces my files elsewhere easily. However, the same error as before showed up.

I can't back up my files how I want to. Because I recieve the same error with 2 brand new devices I think it's in my laptop. Anyone ideas on how to solve this?

Heromus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Welcome to BC Heromus. :)
Can you post the laptop model and do you use the windows transfer or backup tool instead? Try looking also in this link.

Tekken

#3 Hérômus

Hérômus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

Thank you jhayz. :thumbsup:

The model is an Asus K52JR, i5, 4GB RAM, 2.27GHz. The sofware I used for backup is: NTI Backup Now EZ. Though I also want it to work trough simple copy-paste, which gives the specific error.

I have checked the link, I tried to change the IDE channel. However, when I'm in the device manager I need to get to the advanced settings of IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. I don't have that tab. Looked it up on the internet, but the offered solutions (deleting Intel Application Accelerator or Intel Matrix Storage Manager) did not work for me, because I don't have those programs. Besides that, the only IDE adaptor that shows up is: Intel 5 Series 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller. Wouldn't that be the system disk (as spoken of in the link)? Because that's the only one that showes up, it makes no difference when I plug in the HD.

Update: Recently did a chkdsk on my C drive, so I tried to back it up trough Windows. It failed, however it did deliver me an extra error code: 0x8078012D. Also an I/O error. I'll be searching the web again.

Edited by Hérômus, 21 August 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

Run a checkdisk repair for the laptop's hard drive then with your backup external drive after. You might want to try partitioning the external drive or shrinking it into 2 partitions also. See this link http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Fix-Error-0x8007045D&id=6115005 Stay away from the registry cleaner part.

Tekken

#5 Hérômus

Hérômus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

I will get to it, though the checkdisk takes some time. I'll keep you updated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users