Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mpeg Lucid Encoder?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Goodspeed

Goodspeed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

I have this Sony Lucid Mpeg Encoder which I have never used to watch cable & always disabled it in device manger, when was running XP MCE.

Used to uninstall some Sony bundled apps too, while doing that saw Sql services in Services being removed, using Revo.

Now performed a clean install & not an upgrade to W7, again after installing the Mpeg Encoder's W7 drive disabled it, as you smart members can see in the screen shots but cant find the Sql servives........running defrag saw some in system32 but not in Services.......how can one find them & uninstall or disable such Sql services that are using unrequired system resources.

I find the display a bit wavy, sluggish back ground on start up (despite installing latest flash player & java version) as when was using Sony XP MCE till I disabled Sony Mpeg Luicd Encoder & uninstalled Sql services. Although am using the the latest Intel graphics driver 2009 & not the old XP MCE one.

I have 2 GB of RAM on this Sony Vaio VGC-LS1 & virtual memory is fixed as recommended 3089 MB min & max......could changing that help?

Graphics is Intel 945 GM accelerator sharing 128 MB of the memory............

Have a windows classic desktop, Visual effects > Adjust for best performance & Vista Phoenix BIOS R00W262.....where else can I improve from......any suggestions?

Tweaking Intel graphics driver? I have tweaked the graphic properties as seen in the screen shot, are the fine or should I restore to defaults?

Any suggestions, recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by Goodspeed, 19 August 2012 - 12:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

As you have also posted this on the Sony Forum, please keep us informed on any responses you get there -

Thanks -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users