Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DPC Latency

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tigerman1

tigerman1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi,

I would really appreciate any help with this problem. I have had my Acer Aspire laptop for 6 months now and I think it has been producing this problem from day one. It is mainly noticeable when I watch a video on youtube or something like that. It the video (image and sound) will stutter for a second or two before returning back to normal again. It is unbearable when watching videos or listening to music. It happens all the time, it's just more noticeable in those cases. Other examples would be, if I'm typing the letters will briefly stop appearing before catching up again. I downloaded a DPC latency checker and there are noticeable latency peeks which coincide with the stutters. Having turned various things off I have narrowed the problem down to my wireless card. When I disable it, the problem disappears. It is an Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter. I've tried finding new drivers for it but to no avail (it seemed very hard to find them, and on the couple of occasions that I did, the problem did not go away).

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

These are the latest drivers I can find for the setup you have listed below from www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download
Atheros AR5B93
, Windows 7 Drivers - Release: 2012-03-12 [March '12] Windows 7 (Seven) 32/64bit
32bit INF file (netathr.inf) from Atheros driver version 10.0.0.45
32bit download - http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-inf-file.php?inf=263&chipset=29&system=6 (502 KB)
64bit INF file (netathrx.inf) from Atheros driver version 10.0.0.45
64bit download - http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-inf-file.php?inf=264&chipset=29&system=6 (504 KB)

Hope they help -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users