Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alienware Running Extremely Slow After Repair

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 calil

calil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hello! I have an Alienware M17x R2 (windows 7). I wanted a gaming laptop that was fast and I could play my World of Warcraft on issue free unlike my old outdated desktop. I didnt have any complaints on the Alienware as the monitor is outstanding and the game looks amazing and also runs smoothly. Also general web browsing was fun as I could almost literally click and view with instantaneous loading. However I did have one major issue. The port where you hook up the AC power source was either loose or faulty and it was soon almost impossible to charge the laptop. I live in a really small town so after finding someone who could fix it, a month later I have my laptop back. The person said there were some viruses and that he had to restore the laptop to factory default. The mechanical problem has been fixed. The port in the back is rock solid now and the laptop charges great. My issue now is just viewing common sites such as youtube, wikipedia, yahoo news with videos. When I try to view common sites such as these my laptop freezes up. Most of the time for so long that I have to do a force close. When I turn it back on I then sometimes have to go through the disk checking screen with nothing found. I have no idea what the problem is now. Laptop is full bars on internet and the only thing that still runs perfect is World of Warcraft. LOL But it would be nice to be able to just web surf again. One other strange thing is I lost all my pictures, documents, etc on the factory restore. But I purchased the alien game X-Com and its offshoots about ten years ago. Purchased it and a few months ago tried to re install it on the alienware but I couldnt get it to work. Well even though I thought I lost everything there was the X-Com file. I installed it and voila! Ive been blowing up aliens till I get to use mainstream sites again. LOL Yahoo news has been getting a little better but if there is a video in the article then there is a 50/50 chance for a freeze. I would be thankful and appreciative for any help! Its bad when my android cellphone is faster than my Alienware. I dont know if I have crimeware or what but it is running so slow its crazy! Thank you for your time!

Edited by calil, 18 August 2012 - 07:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The_Outkast

The_Outkast

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Which web browser are you using? Do you have the same problems if you use another browser?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users