Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows resume loader

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 airmale

airmale

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Help required please!
Left my computer on overnight,came in this morning and rebooted from sleep mode and it started to load then I got a black screen with the message "the last attempt to resume from its last location failed - attempt to resume again?
The message continues - "continue with system resume" or the other option is to "delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu" - this is highlighted but the enter key or arrow will not activate
I have the original Windows 7 ultimate disc but it will not boot it up , also cannot access safe mode with f8
I have an accounting package for my business on this computer and CANNOT lose it
I have access to a laptop computer for any assitance you can give
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 airmale

airmale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

From what I have been since able to glean,it is possibly the usb controller in the BIOS,it can turn off somehow and just needs to be turn back on,my problem is how to access the BIOS without being able to use f8 or the WINDOW 7 DISC/

#3 airmale

airmale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

All fixed - we connected another keyboard to a ps2 port and was able to access BIOS,reset default settings and away we went
Hope this helps others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users